The Government Shutdown

I am not going to talk trash about the Republicans. In fact, I think both parties need to start acting like adults. I think the Government needs to get its act together and stop fooling around like little kids just because they can’t agree on what they want to do.

We need to get the people who were sent home back to work before the Government unravels.

If any one reads this who has any power in the Government, please stop this madness before you run this country into the ground for good!

5 thoughts on “The Government Shutdown

1. Rhys, I’m so glad to see you taking an interest in current events. This is such a huge topic and I’m thrilled to be able to say that the Senate and the House passed a bill last night so our government is back up and running. It is so important that the public sector not take a financial hit right now. That could really hurt our fragile economy. Keep reading the news and keeping an eye on Washington. Soon you will be voting for the next person in charge!

2. Rhys, You should run for Congress. Your take on what happened is far superior to any off our representatives and I hope (maybe forlornly as an almost octogenarian) to vote for you someday. Your
    Congressman, “Uncle Jim,” would be proud of your mind as well as your knowledge of arcane firearms. Good thinking!

pi winery

3. For many years when casting my vote, my motto has been “If they are in office vote against them.” The monotremes currently in Washington DC prove my point again and again.

4. This is my first time on a blog and I think yours is great. Your words are very wise for a young man and I think it would be good for you to email your local House and Senate representatives and even the President. Tell them that even as a 12 year old, you are paying attention to their actions and understand that those actions will impact you in the future. Remind them that you are the future of this country and in the not to distant future that you will be the voter. I hope you will google to find out who your representatives are, write to them and let yourself be heard it is so important. I am very proud of you.